The API Strategy and Roadmap Advisory Service enables organisations to immediately activate their digital initiatives in the context of their broader digital transformation. We work with organisations to create a strategy and API architecture whereby they can expose existing capabilities as services. This enables organisations to rapidly test new ideas and quickly scale and take to market the successful ones.
API Strategy and Roadmap engagements can be tailored to your requirements, deliverables typically include:
- Gain an understanding of the organisations business strategy, objectives and digital initiatives with a particular focus on the next 1-2 years
- Document the current state architecture
- Define a target state architecture including based on the business priorities
- Identify a roadmap to get from the current state to the target state including technology gaps, organisational gaps, and relevant constraints
- Identify key API’s and integrations to deliver the organisation’s digital initiatives and provide an actionable roadmap to achieve them over the next 1-2 years. This encourages a value-based discussion versus a cost-based discussion and supports ROI quantification.
The API Strategy and Roadmap delivers a number of benefits including:
- Roadmap to future state - Clearly identified steps to achieve the target state in the identified timeframe
- Eliminate Barriers Easily and securely use/extend products or services, thereby reducing barriers for rapid business engagement
- Promote Innovation Securely extend the core business functionality by providing easy access to applications for customers partner, staff and vendors.
- Measurable ROI - Enterprise-wide ROI can be clearly articulated by identifying re-use opportunities across a broad API portfolio and measuring them as projects are delivered
- Reporting Insights - Enable capturing of data to identify areas for growth and improvement by analysing data never captured before.
- Streamline Operations - Enable workflow automation including requests and responses across the organisation, removing operational roadblocks, and ensuring compliance.